Jump to Navigation

Landover Foreclosure Mediation Lawyer

D.C. and Maryland Foreclosure Alternatives

If you are in danger of losing your home, you may already know that filing bankruptcy is an option to stall the foreclosure. However, you may not realize that you have another option, foreclosure mediation, which may be even more beneficial for you and your family.

At the Law Offices of Scott D. Arnopol in Landover, Maryland, we have helped many clients reach successful resolutions with their lenders through the mediation process. Whether the resolutions involves loan modifications or other alternatives to foreclosure, we have the negotiation skills and experience to help people pursue all possible options.

How Mediation Works

If your lender serves you with a foreclosure complaint, you have 15 days to file a request for mediation form. Filing this form will suspend the foreclosure proceedings, and the court will set a time and place for the mediation.

During the mediation, you and your attorney will sit down with your lender and their representative. The meeting will be presided over by an administrative law judge, who will act as a neutral third party and help facilitate a resolution of the matter short of a foreclosure sale.

Before meeting with the administrative law judge, we will need you to provide:

  • Your bank statements for the last six months
  • You pay stubs from the last six months
  • Your tax returns from the last two years
  • A statement of your hardships (i.e. why you cannot make the mortgage payments)

If for some reason mediation is not successful, our law firm can help you file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy petition.

Talk to a Foreclosure Mediation Attorney

Learn more about foreclosure mediation and how it may be able to help you save your home. Contact our lawyer by filling out the online form, or call the Law Offices of Scott D. Arnopol at 301-850-0065 or toll free at 866-618-2301. All messages are returned within 24 hours. Se habla español.

Contact Us for Responsive and Effective Legal Representation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Do I need an attorney to file bankruptcy?


Individuals may file a bankruptcy petition without an attorney. This is called appearing pro se. Keep in mind that the bankruptcy code is very complex...

Learn More

Social Security Disability

What is the definition of disability used by Social Security?


Under the Social Security Act, "disability" means "inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or...

Learn More

Contact Our office

Law Offices of Scott D. Arnopol
8181 Professional Place Suite 170
Landover, MD 20785-2260
Map & Directions | E-mail
Phone 301-850-0065
Toll Free 866-618-2301
Fax 202-318-1404